Occult - Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena

Sunday 20 January 2008

Some Thoughts

Hello readers, I thought before this journal takes life it was time to write a little about my beliefs in the spirit world. This is one of many entries that will be made on various topics relating to the subject both before the journal takes life and probably afterwards.

First off yes I believe in the after life, I believe that the body has a spirit that can manifest itself both after it’s host body has died and also whilst it is still living. I believe that some of us can see them and some of us can’t. To clarify what I mean by seeing. I don’t necessarily mean visually seeing. I mean that our senses can feel them round us. Sometimes it can be that we can “see” these spirits however it is not the case always, we can hear them, feel them and often we can smell something we associate with them. One of my long term friends used to be able to tell when her grandfather’s spirit was in the room as she could smell his aftershave!

I also believe that there is far too much amateur rubbish going under the name of paranormal investigation or ghost hunting. I firmly believe that there should be some form of qualification in paranormal research before people become “professional” ghost hunters or paranormal investigators. People seem to think that goading a spirit, showing disrespect to the habitat of a spirit is going to make it show. Look at it from this perspective. If you were being encouraged to show would you like it if someone invaded your space and was rude and inconsiderate? No? Well don’t expect a ghost to show up after all they were in our form once upon a time.

Thirdly, why do so many people presume that ghosts have to be Christian? I am sure there are spirits of every religion that exists. So don’t insult them by asking them to come out in the name of Jesus. If you would like to meet a ghost why not say something like “Hi my name is ……… I would like to meet you, I mean you no harm. I have met a spirit who was American Indian on one of my American trips, and he openly admitted he wouldn’t have shown if I had asked him to come out in the name of Jesus.

Finally for this particular entry, I don’t believe in demons, in the Christian sense of the word anyway. I believe there are evil spirits yes, but they aren’t demons. Just as there are nice people in life, there are nice people in the spirit world therefore there have to be bad spirits as well as bad people.

No comments: